Founded in 2013 by Dr. Robert Karman, Expert Sleep Medicine is the Louisville Sleep Medicine practice of Dr. Robert Karman, Dr. Warren Shaikun, and Dr. Courtney Minor. Dr. Karman has over 17 years of local care and experience while receiving numerous recognitions including “Top Doc” for Pulmonary, Sleep and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Shaikun is a native of Louisville, KY and has over 10 years of guiding patient care while also providing leadership by holding medical directorships at local care facilities in Sleep Medicine, Respiratory Therapy, and ICU. In 2016, Expert Sleep Medicine joined Family Allergy & Asthma to allow the growing practice to continue its focus on patient care.
We recognize that patients come to us because their sleep is affecting their quality of life. It is our goal to identify, treat, and provide patients with the latest knowledge and facts about sleep and sleep medicine. From specialized mask fittings to our in-house medical equipment process and home sleep study process, the doctors and staff of Expert Sleep Medicine have the resources to provide comprehensive care for patients with a variety of sleep disorders. We also offer a streamlined Occupational Sleep program for companies and employees who need to identify and treat sleep disorders promptly.
- Over 20% of people suffer from a sleep disorder.
- Sleep is the only time that the brain is able to clear out waste protein. If waste protein is no cleared out, it can build up and casue dementia.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea sufferers are approximately 5 times more likely to have automobile accidents than non-sufferers.
Sleep Disorders can…
- affect people of all ages.
- lead to poor job performance, a decrease in productivity and team engagement.
- increase liabilities, on-the-job accidents, and missed days from work.
If you suffer from a sleep disorder, it is important to seek medical treatment to improve overall health and lower your risk for serious illness. In certain cases, untreated sleep disorders can even worsen diseases including obesity, stroke, hypertension, diabetes, and others.
Learn more about our practice at the links below.