- By Expert Sleep Medicine on August 12, 2019Start Rolling Back Your Children’s Wake Time Now For many kids around the Louisville metro, the long summer of sleeping in, staying up late and enjoying leisurely mornings is coming to a rapid close. The sleep doctors at Expert Sleep Medicine (ESM) recommend parents start to adjust their children’s bedtime and wake up time gradually a few weeks before school. This gradual change […]
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on March 7, 2019In March we’ll be “springing forward” an hour on account of the daylight saving time change. The change officially happens at 2 am on Sunday, but many will set their clocks ahead an hour this coming Saturday before heading to bed. Changing your clocks is not the only thing you can do to prepare for the time change. We “only” […]
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on December 18, 2018Trouble sleeping when a baby is on the way may be more than just more frequent visits to the bathroom throughout the night, queasiness, heartburn, and body aches. Recent research has shown that during pregnancy, 30% of women develop obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in their third trimester. Sufficient and quality sleep is vital for everyone, but especially for pregnant women […]
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on March 30, 2018Earlier this week a new season of Roseanne, the sitcom that ended in the 90’s, aired a new episode. Prominently featured in the first few minutes of the show is the main character’s husband, Dan, alive and well, wearing a sleep apnea mask. Roseanne exclaims, “I thought you were dead,” as she wakes him up. You can see the clip […]
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on February 23, 2018February is American Heart Month. This month is an excellent time to learn about ways to stay heart healthy and why it is essential. Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer worldwide, affecting 1 in 3 Americans in some form. There are 16.5 million Americans who are age 20 and older who are living with coronary heart disease. People who […]
Expert Sleep Medicine was founded in 2013 by Dr. Robert Karman. Joined by Warren Shaikun, MD, and Christopher Howerton, MD, Expert Sleep focuses on treating and diagnosing sleep disorders. In 2016, the practice joined Family Allergy and Asthma to allow the growing practice to focus on patient care.