- By guardianowl on May 15, 2020If you are one of the 8 million Americans who use a CPAP machine to sleep at night, you likely have a lot of questions regarding how safe it is to use your device during the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak. You are not alone, and many people likely have the same questions and concerns that you do. At Expert Sleep, we […]
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on March 17, 2020Updated April 8, 2020 All Expert Sleep Medicine offices are open. During this time, we are monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely, this includes all guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Information about COVID-19 and Sleep: Below is an informative video from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine that answers many questions about sleep and COVID-19. […]
- By guardianowl on March 11, 2020According to the American Psychological Association, 15 million Americans work the night shift. If you’re one of those people, you are actually susceptible to a unique sleep disorder called “shift work sleep disorder.” Sleep disorders can cause a wide array of health problems, including diabetes. Alzheimer’s, and more. Sleep hygiene is particularly important when working odd hours, especially through the […]
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on January 8, 2020When a patient is diagnosed with sleep apnea, a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine may be prescribed. This is a standard treatment option for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) that requires a patient to wear a mask connected to the machine while sleeping to keep their airway open. OSA can cause or worsen other diseases, including cardiovascular diseases, stroke, and […]
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on August 13, 2019If you’ve been recently diagnosed with sleep apnea, you may have been prescribed a positive airway pressure (PAP) machine to treat your sleep apnea. A CPAP machine, or continuous positive airway pressure machine, is a commonly prescribed treatment that uses mild air pressure to keep the airways open while you sleep. CPAPs are mainly used to treat sleep apnea but […]
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on December 4, 2017Expert Sleep Medicine is moving to a new office in Bardstown. Drs. Warren Shaikun and Christopher Howerton will continue to see patients for sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment. Our current office, located in the Flaget Medical Office Building at 4359 New Shepherdsville Rd, will stay open for appointments through October 31.
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on November 21, 2017Here is a list of our office closings for Thanksgiving, our Annual Company Christmas Party, Christmas, and New Year’s this holiday season. As it grows colder, please check our Facebook page for severe weather closings. Thanksgiving: All offices will be closed on Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24. Holiday Party Closing: Closing Early on Friday, December 15: Louisville, St. […]
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on October 12, 2017Expert Sleep Medicine is moving to a new office in Bardstown. Drs. Warren Shaikun and Christopher Howerton will continue to see patients for sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment. Our current office, located in the Flaget Medical Office Building at 4359 New Shepherdsville Rd, will stay open for appointments through October 31.
- By Expert Sleep Medicine on June 15, 2016Family Allergy & Asthma Acquires Expert Sleep Medicine LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Family Allergy & Asthma, the largest allergy practice in the region, announced it has acquired Expert Sleep Medicine, a Louisville-based Sleep Medicine and Pulmonary practice, effective June 1, 2016. Expert Sleep Medicine is the medical practice of Drs. Robert Karman, Warren Shaikun, and Christopher Howerton, with four offices in […]
- By Dr. Robert Karman on March 8, 2015Dr. Chris Howerton is joining Expert Sleep Medicine. He will focus on out patient pulmonary and sleep medicine. He has more than 30 years of experience. New full-time office location in Jeffersonville, IN. We now have a location in the Fourth Floor of the Medical Arts Building attached to Clark Memorial Hospital.
Expert Sleep Medicine was founded in 2013 by Dr. Robert Karman. Joined by Warren Shaikun, MD, and Christopher Howerton, MD, Expert Sleep focuses on treating and diagnosing sleep disorders. In 2016, the practice joined Family Allergy and Asthma to allow the growing practice to focus on patient care.