9 Tips to Help Insomnia
- Go to bed at the same time each night and rise at the same time each morning.
- Make sure your bedroom is a quiet, dark, and relaxing environment, which is neither too hot or too cold.
- Make sure your bed is comfortable and use it only for sleeping and not for other activities, such as reading, watching TV, or listening to music. Remove all TVs, computers, and other “gadgets” from the bedroom.
- Avoid large meals before bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine.
- Do not exercise late in the evening.
- Try to limit light exposure and activity, create some “down” time before bed.
- Try not to nap during the day, this will disrupt your sleep rhythm and night time sleep.
- If you can’t sleep, stay in bed with lights off and think of calming thoughts, use meditation, no worries
If Insomnia is refractory, discuss medications and medical disorders that cause Insomnia with your Physician